November 8th, 2005 is the (latest) release date for the oft-delayed next book in George R.R. Martin’s A Song of Ice and Fire series: A Feast For Crows.
Until then, fans can take part in the online adventure The Quest of Thrones, described as:
…a Quest to track down characters from this bestselling series hidden across the Internet. There will be successes and losses, decrees from your king, life and death, battles for dominance, and a multitude of power plays. But only those who remain loyal to the Quest during its five-week duration will be eligible to win.
And what do you win? A nice prize package with A Song of Ice and Fire theme:
- A copy of A FEAST FOR CROWS, the new George R. R. Martin novel from Bantam Spectra
- An autographed book plate for A FEAST FOR CROWS
- A copy of The Hedge Knight trade paperback from Dabel Brothers Production
- A Winter Edition starter deck for the A Game of Thrones CCG from Fantasy Flight Games
- One of six limited edition resin figures based on A GAME OF THRONES from Testors
- A free issue of Locus Magazine
- A commemorative coin inspired by the fictional works of George R. R. Martin from Shire Post Mint
- A Game of Thrones d20-based role playing game from Guardians Of Order
Deadline for registration September 16, 2005.
[Link via Slice of SciFi]