Locus 2005 Recommended Reading List
I always look forward to getting the next issue of Locus magazine in the mail, even if it does come late. But I anticipate the February issue even more because it contains the Recommeded Reading List of the prior year. This weekend, Locus Online posted the Locus Magazine 2005 Recommended Reading List, a consensus by Locus editors, Locus reviewers and some other big names in the field. It’s quite an impressive list and it covers SF novels, fantasy novels, first novels, young adult books, collections, anthologies, non-fiction, art books and short fiction (novellas, novelettes and short stories).
From the list, here is what I read:
- Godplayers by Damien Broderick
- Lady of Mazes by Karl Schroeder
- Someone Comes to Town, Someone Leaves Town by Cory Doctorow
- Hammered by Elizabeth Bear
- Old Man’s War by John Scalzi
- Platinum Pohl by Frederik Pohl
- Galileo’s Children edited by Gardner Dozois
- The Year’s Best Science Fiction: Twenty-second Annual Collection edited by Gardner Dozois
- Science Fiction: The Best of 2004 edited by Karen Haber & Jonathan Strahan
Maybe it’s because I skipped the short-story-a-day thing in 2005, but I haven’t read any of the short fiction titles in the list.
Filed under: Books
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!