Upcoming Science Fiction Titles
I was surprised to see that I received my June Locus Magazine a mere 5 days into the month. (I guess my mailman is reading even faster than before.) The issue’s People and Publishing section contains some early previews into upcoming books being written and published:
- Former game show producer Chuck Barris (yes, that Chuck Barris) sold The Big Question, a near-future satire of reality TV, to Simon & Schuster.
- David Marusek sold Mind over Oship, set in the same universe as Counting Heads, to Tor.
- Peter F. Hamilton sold his Void trilogy (The Dreaming Void, Life of Dreams and Evolution’s Dream) which is set in the same universe as Pandora’s Star and Judas Unchained, to Del Rey.
- Mike Resnick sold Starship: Mercenary, sequel to Starship: Mutiny and Starship: Pirate, to Pyr. (The Starship series will conclude with Rebel and Flagship.) Resnick also resold Walpurgis III and The Branch to Pyr who will publish them as an omnibus called Blasphemy.
- Kevin J. Anderson delivered Slan Hunter, the completion of A.E. van Vogt’s unfinshed final novel. Anderson also (with Brian Herbert) delivered Hunters of Dune, based on Frank Herbert’s outline for his final “Dune 7″ novel. Finally, Anderson also (with Rebecca Moesta) delivered the young adult fantasy Crystal Doors: Ocean Realm.
Filed under: Books
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!