- Tobias Buckell shows off the cool Todd Lockwood cover of Ragamuffin, sequel to his debut novel Crystal Rain.
- MetaxuCafe examines the work of Paolo Bacigalupi.
- David Louis Edeman represents his novel Infoquake at mySpace.
- L. Lee Lowe is serializing his young adult sf/f novel, Mortal Ghost. NOTE: May not be suitable for the younger set due to some strong language.
- SteveReads hates the dumb genre writing of Stoopid SciFI.
- SciFi Wire profiles Mike Resnick and his limited-edition anthology Space Cadets which features stories by Kevin J. Anderson, David Brin, Gregory Benford, Mercedes Lackey, Nancy Kress, Catherine Asaro, Kristine Kathryn Rusch, Barry Malzberg, Larry Niven and David Gerrold, among others.
- The 44 minute recap episode of Battlestar Galactica, called ‘The Story So Far’, is now available for free on Xbox Live Marketplace. Sadly, its only standard def. Come on SciFi, get it together!
- Ron Moore recently stated that one or more of the current cast won’t make it to next season. For Tim’s sake, let’s hope he isn’t referring to Boomer…
- Dr. Djoymi Baker’s PhD thesis, Broadcast Space: TV Culture, Myth and Star Trek, has won a University of Melbourne Chancellor’s Prize for Excellence. She watched all of Star Trek’s incarnations, totalling over 700 episodes and 624 hours. Yikes. And to think, Star Trek: The Next Generation wasn’t even on the air yet when I first went to college, and now someone has a PhD for studying Star Trek.
Update 1: Added BG and Star Trek bits. — Ed.