SF Tidbits for 12/1/06
- Slate offers a behind-the-scenes look at what goes into a Battlestar Galactica script.
- Added to the list of sf/f authors who blog: Eric Flint.
- Sez Hawking: To survive as a species, mankind must travel to the stars.
- Is there an economic answer to the Fermi Paradox?
- New/Updated at Gutenberg: “Stop Look and Dig” by George O. Smith.
- Cosmos Magazine has “The Dead Man’s Child” by Jay Lake. [via Locus Online]
- Here’s a well-done fan film: The Art of the Saber. [via Writer's Blog]
- Escape Pod has a podcast version of Mike Resnick’s Hugo-winning short story “Travels with my Cats“.
- The December podcast of The Future And You is chock full of juicy stuff: an interview with Eric Flint (who talks about e-reading, Jim Baen’s Universe, the Baen free library and the short fiction market); a discussion on home schooling with Catherine Asaro; Toni Weisskopf (the new head of Baen Books) and her take on the singularity; eugenics with author/lawyer Marjorie M. Liu; David B. Coe on using nuclear power to solve energy problems…and more.
- There’s a new genre-related group blog called No Fear of the Future. It’s run by genre authors Zoran Zivkovic’, Jess Nevins, Alexis Glynn Latner, Stephen Dedman, Chris Nakashima-Brown and Jayme Lynn Blaschke. [via Lou Anders]
Filed under: Tidbits
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!