EW’s 25 Most Shameless Paycheck-Grabbing Roles in History
Entertainment Weekly #917 has more than a little fun in citing some pretty bad roles chosen by otherwise top notch talent. Most of them are genre films. Hmmm…are genre films big-money lanterns to money-seeking moths? Anyway, here’s the list. See the issue for the humorous writeups of each.
The 25 Most Shameless Paycheck-Grabbing Roles in History
- Sean Connery in Never Say Never Again
- Jason Alexander in Dunstan Checks In
- Bill Murray in Garfield
- Marlon Brando in Superman
- Matt Dillon in Herbie: Fully Loaded
- Cuba Gooding, Jr. in Chill Factor
- Elizabeth Taylor in The Flintstones
- Ben Affleck in Paycheck
- Buster Keaton in Beach Blanket Bingo
- Jeremy Irons and John Malkovich in Eragon
- Christopher Walken in Kangaroo Jack
- Richard Pryor in Superman III
- Faye Dunaway in Supergirl
- William Hurt in Lost in Space
- Laurence Olivier in Clash of the Titans
- Demi Moore in Striptease
- Michael Caine in Jaws: The Revenge
- Judi Dench in The Chronicles of Riddick
- Orson Welles in Transformers: The Movie
- Peter O’Toole in Club Paradise
- Dennis Hopper in Super Mario Bros.
- Tony Curtis in The Bad News Bears Go to Japan
- Sir Ben Kingsley in BloodRayne
- Richard Burton in Exorcist II: The Heretic
- Robert DeNiro in The Adventures of Rocky and Bullwinkle
I might add to this list Jeremy Irons in The Time Machine remake. Can you think of others?
Filed under: Movies
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!