SF Tidbits for 1/21/07
- Cormac McCarthy’s The Road and Julie Phillips’ James Tiptree, Jr.: The Double Life of Alice B. Sheldon are among nominees for this year’s National Book Critics Circle awards. [via Locus Online]
- At Deep Genre, David Louis Edelman offers 10 Writing Tricks to Avoid.
- Locus Online has interview excerpts from The January 2007 issue of Locus: editor Ginjer Buchanan and writers Naomi Novik and Allen Steele.
- The March issue of Starlog includes a nice feature about Philip José Farmer (read excerpt), focusing on his Wold Newton stories. [via Chris Roberson]
- A new Top 5 SciFi List: The Top 10 Shows Hosted by SF Actors We’d Like to Forget.
- To assist with the new best editor Hugo category, Locus Online’s Mark Kelly will compile lists of books categorized by editor, as a service to the SF community. Furthermore, John Klima has already set up a Science Fiction and Fantasy Editor Wiki that may serve much the same purpose.
- Check out this cross-section artwork by Graham Bleathman from Fleetway’s Gerry Anderson Comics: Stingray, Thunderbirds, Captain Scarlet and Joe 90. [via Eternal Golden Braid]
- The Fanthorpe Write-Alike Contest Winners 2006 have been announced. [via Locus Online]
- Cosmos has Gregory Benford’s article How to write an awesome scientific paper. [via Locus Online]
- Orion Publishing interviews Robert Holdstock, author of The Merlin Codex trilogy. [via UKSfBookNews]
- Did you know there was a Hammers Slammers miniature wargame?
- The Art Department micro-interviews Jason Chan.
- Kathryn Cramer has started an Amazon Connect blog.
- Here’s a fluff profile of The Dresden Files that includes quotes about the show from author Jim Butcher who wrotethe books on which they were based.
- Sunday Video Zen: I Lost My Heart To A Starship Trooper.
Filed under: Tidbits
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!