The blog seems to operating normally again. Mostly (more on that in a minute…)
The problem, in a nutshell, is that I’m a boob. There was a Movable Type configuration problem that was made about a year ago. I used the web hosts IP address to specify paths in the configuration file. Within the last couple of days, the web host changed the IP address of our server, thus requests to the blog’s resources were timing out. Many thanks to David P. at Movable Type for figuring this out and also to the kind folks at BlueHost for being tolerating my annoying phone calls. (Thanks Kyle! And also the guy who I just spoke to and whose name I completely forgot.)
However – there’s always a “however” – the DNS address change that the web host made takes up to 48 hours to complete. What this means is that for the next day or so (I am told), requests to see individual posts will be slightly delayed in appearing. (Oddly, the SF Signal main page appears as quick as ever.) When the posts do appear, you may comment to your heart’s content. Please bear with us as these changes are completed.
We now return to your regularly scheduled postings about Star Wars and supermodels…