SF Tidbits for 3/9/07
- ManyBooks.net lists free post-1950 science fiction classics featuring works by Edmond Hamilton, H. Beam Piper, Murray Leinster, John W. Campbell, Jr., Andre Norton, Donald A. Wollheim, Alan Nourse, George Oliver Smith, Philip José Farmer, E.E. “Doc” Smith, Victor Appleton, Marion Zimmer Bradley, James H. Schmitz, Daniel Keys Moran, Robert Sheckley and more. There are more recent authors, too, like James Patrick Kelly, Tobias Buckell, Charles Stross, Cory Doctorow and Peter Watts.
- According to The Guardian Book Blog, publishers’ concentration on big-name authors impoverishes more modest sellers – and leaves readers worse off, too.
- Geekend has video of a real-world functional battlemech.
- Escape Pod #96 podcasts Kevin J. Anderson’s “Job Qualifications“.
- Tobias Buckell posts his interview with Joel Shepherd, author of Crossover, from last year.
- Here’s why sf author Chris Roberson doesn’t watch Heroes. Lou Anders, on the other hand, loves Heroes and it has opened his eyes to the death of episodic television.
- Here’s a flash-based game with Tron Light Cycles.
Filed under: Tidbits
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!