SF Tidbits for 6/20/07
- Over at Amazon Blog, Jeff VanderMeer interviews Austin Grossman, author of Soon I Will Be Invincible.
- CG Society profiles Artist Stephan Martiniere. [via The Art Department]
- Weird Tales interviews George R. R. Martin. [via Pat’s Fantasy Hotlist]
- At SciFi Wire, John Joseph Adams profiles Robert Charles Wilson, author of “Julian: A Christmas Story“.
- A Chair, A Fireplace & A Tea Cozy interviews Justine Larbalestier, author of the Magic Or Madness trilogy.
- Scientific American interviews Alan Weisman, author of The World without Us, a book that examines humanity’s impact on the environment by considering how the world would fare if all the people disappeared. [via MonkeyFilter]
- The Telegraph lists The 12 books to read before you are 12.
- The newly announced Adobe Digital Editions is “an engaging new way to read and manage eBooks and other digital publications.” Their sample eBook Library has Philip K. Dick’s “The Father Thing”.[via The Book Standard]
- Behold the singing Tesla Coil! [via Fazed]
- What do you get the geek who has everything (including a singing Tesla Coil)? A Dalek Cage, which allows a person to get up close and personal to tens of thousands of volts. [via Neat-o-rama and Tesla Downunder]
- Wednesday YouTube: Spacefighter knights vs. cybernetic dragons, from the same guy who did the WWII Nazi Robot video. [via Geekend]
Filed under: Tidbits
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!