Tube Bits For 07/20/2007
By JP Frantz | Friday, July 20th, 2007 at 8:52 am
- It’s Emmy time and genre shows received some love from voters. Heroes received 8 nominations, LOST received 6, Galactica received 4 and even Eureka got one. We’ll see how far the love goes when it comes to actually win something….
- As stated in the commend here, Dresden fans are campaigning to save (not shave) the show. So far, Sci Fi has said nothing, a sort of pocket cancellation as it were. As a fan of the books first, I was very disappointed in the show, and it won’t bother me if it is canceled. Just another failed series in the canon of the Sci Fi Channel.
- Over at Associated Media, Jacques Bouler details 10 classic sci fi tv shows. Irwin Allen certainly makes his presence felt. Mostly old skool series, with B5 and Space Precinct the most recent. Space Precinct? Never heard of it, though it sounds interesting.
- Media Life Magazine discusses the fall of syndicated sci fi tv. I think it has more to do with the fall of syndicated shows in general, not just SF. There are lot more channels available now, you can always find something new. And the avenues for actually syndicating a show are smaller than they used to be. Or, and this may be terrible to contemplate, maybe there aren’t enough SF fans to carry a show in syndication.
- And finally, Esquire has an interview with Katee Sackhoff, covering a bit of Galactica and more on The Bionic Woman. I was just reading Esquire for the articles…
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!