Tube Bits For 07/31/2007
By JP Frantz | Tuesday, July 31st, 2007 at 12:03 am
- Good news for Lucy Lawless fans. She will return to Battlestar Galactica next season for a few episodes. Supposedly, she is part of the Cylons’ ‘plan’. I remain skeptical about any ‘plan’.
- All you Joss Whedon fans can find something to be excited about with this report from Whedon’s Comic-Con 2007 panel.
- From the ‘Who Knew?’ department: Sci Fi is releasing The Dresden Files on DVD. Are they waiting to see how well it sells before deciding on a new season?
- Cinebeats has a long and interesting article on The Fantasy Worlds Of Irwin Allen, inspired by the just released the Land Of The Giants DVD Collection. He’s not my cup of tea, but I know many people like his shows.
- TV Squad got an early look at the Flash Gordon pilot and is cautiously optimistic. If it’s silly fun like Eureka then I’ll be watching.
- Milo Ventimiglia, Peter Patrelli on Heroes, appeared at Comic-Con and dropped some hints about season 2. Hmm, isn’t he dead? I hate to say there might be some shark jumpage involved here. We’ll see.
- Staying with the Heroes, we learn that Kevin Smith will direct an episode of Heroes: Origins. I know that gets some people excited, but I’ve never been a big fan of his films.
- It looks Star Trek: The Next Generation will live up to its name once again as CBS is considering remastering TNG as they did with TOS. As it was shot on video, technical challenges exist for the remastering, not the least of which is deciding whether to replace Wesley with Jar-Jar, to make him palatable for fans.
- TV Week is reporting that several pilots for the most anticipated shows are, gasp, available online. (You’ll have to figure out how to find them yourself.) In other news, the sun is set to rise in the east tomorrow.
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!