Infinity Plus was publishing free online fiction before it was in vogue. The website is also a great resource for insightful reviews and commentary. It’s sad to see it go, but thankfully the current website will remain available as an archive.
And they’re not going out with a whimper, but with a bang…check out this final lineup of content:
- “Cross Roads Blues” by Paul McAuley
- “Inheritance” by Paul McAuley
- An interview with Paul McAuley by Stuart Carter
- “Song of Bullfrogs, Cry of Geese” by Nicola Griffith
- “Freezing Geezers” by Kit Reed
- “The Edge of Nowhere” by James Patrick Kelly
- “Distant Galaxies Colliding” by Gareth L Powell
- “Three Days in a Border Town” by Jeff VanderMeer
- “Tall Tales on the Iron Horse” by Colin P Davies
- “What’s Up Tiger Lily?” a novelette by Paul Di Filippo
- And in the end…, a last word from Keith Brooke
Also worth noting is that their 10 year run has seem the publication of 2 anthologies of the short fiction that has appeared there: Infinity Plus One and Infinity Plus Two. Orbit Solaris has just released an omnibus of those two antholgies called Infinity Plus: The Anthology.
Hats off to the folks behind Infinity Plus for a job well done!
[via Jason Erik Lundberg]