SF Tidbits for 9/5/07
- A giant mechanical octopus with freakin’ laser beam eyes! Joe Sherry shows off Chen Lin’s cool cover of the September 2007 issue of Clarkesworld Magazine. Included in the issue are stories from Caitlín R. Kiernan and M.P. Ericson.
- BoingBoing has more info in Stephen Hawking’s children’s science fiction books.
- Agony Column podcast-interviews Kim Stanley Robinson.
- Over at The Mumpsimus, Matt Cheney laments the price of books.
- Here are more good post-Worldcon reports from Lou Anders and Jeff VanderMeer. Also, Tor podcast-interviews Charlie Stross at WorldCon.
- Locus Online has posted Cory Doctorow’s commentary from the September issue of Locus: Free(konomic) E-books.
- Now posted: Dave Langford’s Ansible #242 for September 2007.
- RPG Times has posted design notes for the Dying Earth Roleplaying Game. “I have to put forward the proposition that Jack Vance is to fantasy what is H.P. Lovecraft is to horror: a writer who uses the trappings of genre to express a unique and personal vision, and its pleasures to lull us into accepting a dark and ultimately subversive portrait of human existence.” [via Tim R. Mortiss]
Filed under: Tidbits
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!