SF Tidbits for 10/25/07
- SFX interviews Andy Remic (War Machine). “War Machine is a sizzling rollercoaster of a novel with a gratuitous excess of violence, sex, dark humour and exotic aliens all wrapped up in a high-octane cling-film plot concerning an elite military unit illegally reformed who must battle across alien planets to discover justice, truth and revenge.”
- Amazon Daily has part 1 of a talks with hot, new fantasy authors Joe Abercrombie (The Blade Itself), Karen Miller (The Innocent Mage and The Awakened Mage), Brian Ruckley (Winterbirth), and Brandon Sanderson (The Final Empire and Well of Ascension). “There is so much of this genre that hasn’t been explored yet, and it’s thrilling to be part of the new wave of fantasy writers.”
- James Patrick Kelly is podcasting his novel Look Into the Sun. Here’s Part 32.
- New/Updated at Gutenberg: “Sodom and Gomorrah, Texas” by R.A. Lafferty and “The Creature from Cleveland Depths” by Fritz Leiber.
- New/Updated at ManyBooks.net: “The Big Bounce” by Walter Tevis.
- John C. Wright offers us the first chapter of Null-A Continuum.
- Bloginhood covers VCon32/Canvention27, where the Aurora Awards were handed out.
- SciFiChick lists 13 Lame Superpowers.
- Bad news for Pete: The remake of Barbarella, has been shelved. [via Fimoculous]
- Good news for Pete: Tricia Helfer posts some images from Spike TV’s 2007 Scream Awards. Check her out hangin’ with The Shat…
Filed under: Tidbits
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!