Tube Bits For 10/31/2007
- Many people have been, um, disappointed with Heroes thus far, mostly agreeing that the stories have been sub-par. AdRants has a new take, ranting that the in-program ad for American Gangsta was over the top intrusive, and aimed at those people who watch Heroes on DVRs. Actually, I can’t remember seeing the ad when I watched, but point taken.
- SyFy Portal looks at Chuck and deems it ‘just OK’, citing several problems that I had noticed as well. Still, for me, I like Chuck. I find it funny and how many other shows would work a Dune reference into its Halloween show? (Shai Hulud FTW!).
- And the bad ratings news for NBC continues, as all of it’s Monday night shows have shown a steady drop in ratings. While Heroes appears safe for now, it would appear that Chuck and Journeyman are destined for an early retirement and quick release on DVD.
- You’ve probably heard of the fan run Star Trek: New Voyages series. Thanks to VeriSign and Dragonfly, you can watch the new episode ‘World Enough And Time’ online. You’ll need Flash Player, but this is a nice idea. No longer will you have to wait to download it.
- From the ‘did you know’ department: The Science Channel is running a new series called Mars Rising. This series, produced by James Cameron and narrated by William Shatner, will explore the difficulties mankind faces in an effort to physically reach Mars. It premiered last night, but new episodes will run for the next several weeks. I caught a few minutes and it seemed very interesting, it’s now on my DVR list.
Filed under: Tube Bits
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!