SF Tidbits for 11/29/07
By John DeNardo | Thursday, November 29th, 2007 at 12:15 am
- At SciFi Wire, John Joseph Adams profiles Joe Abercrombie, author of The Blade Itself. Also: Joe Abercrombie has been added to the list of sf/f authors who blog.
- John Scalzi rants against Dragon magazine’s call for fiction, which includes a lower than average pay and complete and total ownership of the writer’s work.
- Movies online looks at The Great Misconception Of Science Fiction. “…science fiction is a setting and not a genre….the Gods of television have brainwashed us into thinking that science fiction and fantasy are the same thing.”
- USA Today has an excerpt Jane Espenson’s non-fiction book, Serenity Found: More Unauthorized Essays on Joss Whedon’s Firefly Universe, a follow on to Finding Serenity. The excerpt is the humorous essay written by the Firefly star Nathan Fillion, “I, Malcolm“. [via Whedonesque]
- Geekend unearths a talking Bender replica that dispenses beer.
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!