Tube Bits For 11/29/2007
- December 2nd is fast approaching, which means the premier of Sci Fi’s Tin Man mini-series. SF Universe has some new promo pics for your viewing pleasure. If only all wicked witches looked like Kathleen Roberston, I’m sure we’d all welcome our new witch overladies. Speaking of Tin Man, MySanAntonio.com covers the series and says it has “an edgy science-fiction feel and intriguingly complex storylines that will keep viewers guessing.” No mention of the bad dialog or cliched situations as the review in yesterday’s post mentioned. Still, I’m feeling compelled to watch it.
- Ron D. Moore, executive producer of Battlestar Galactica has a new blog. Not much there yet, but he does reminisce about his days on Star Trek: The Next Generation and he has posted a podcast for Razor. Hopefully he’ll keep this one up to date better than his section on the Galactica page on SciFi. [via Trek Today]
- Sticking with Star Trek, TV Guide recently released their 2007 Online Video Awards. One of the categories was for Sci-Fi Webisodes, and included the fan produced Star Trek: New Voyages. Amazingly, New Voyages won, beating out the professionally produced webisodes for Battlestar Galactica and The 4400. Good job guys. Now I really must watch this, the teaser on the TV Guide site looks promising. [also via Trek Today]
- Sci Fi Japan let’s us know that Appleseed: Ex Machina will be appearing in a limited run in the U.S. starting in December, with the DVD appearing in March. I saw the first movie, Appleseed, and thought it was pretty good, aside from the plastic-y look to the characters. John Woo directed the movie, so get ready for loads of CGI doves. If it comes near Houston, I may check it out.
- And finally, Sci Fi Scanner points us to this clip from the newly released Futurama DVD, Bender’s Big Score. Enjoy.
Filed under: Tube Bits
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!