Science Fiction & Fantasy Books That Make You Dumb
The Books That Make You Dumb website correlates the most-read books by college students with the average SAT/ACT scores listed for that college. The result is a pretty chart that shows books (color coded by genre) on a “dumb/smart” scale.
I’ve taken the science fiction & Fantasy results from the sorted graph and show them here. Perpetuating the unscientific method that the website uses, the resulting list of science fiction books, from “Dumb” to “Not-so-Dumb”, are:
- Wicked by Gregory Maguire.
- The Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis.
- The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien.
- Dune by Frank Herbert.
- Eragon by Christopher Paolini.
- Brave New World by Aldous Huxley.
- Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling.
- The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien.
- Cat’s Cradle by Kurt Vonnegut.
- Ender’s Game by Orson Scott Card.
- The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho.
[via O'Reilly Radar]
Filed under: Books
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!