SF Tidbits for 1/31/08
- The Telegraph lists 100 books every child should read, which includes genre (mostly fantasy) favorites including The Iron Man by Ted Hughes, Peter Pan by J.M. Barrie, The Sword in the Stone by T.H. White, A Wizard of Earthsea by Ursula K. Le Guin, His Dark Materials by Philip Pullman, and Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by J.K. Rowling. [via When Gravity Fails]
- Jeff VanderMeer has an unscientific (but fun) survey going on book cover art. (via Neth Space)
- Here’s video of David Brin talking about Science Fiction in Academia.
- At Fangs, Fur & Fey, Justin Gustainis lists 13 Things You Didn’t Know About Black Magic Woman, his urban fantasy novel.
- Discover magazine lists 20 Things You Didn’t Know About Science Fiction. My favorite: “Sci-fi author Gene Wolfe helped develop the machine that cooks Pringles”!
- SciFi Weekly’s Site of the Week: Talking Squids in Outer Space!
- Two humorous Star Trek videos for you:
Filed under: Tidbits
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!