Tube Bits for 03/31/2008
- The 2004 movie, Casshern, billed as a ‘live-action anime’ movie, was actually based on the 1970’s era anime Shinzo Nigen Casshern. Now, animation studio Madhouse is resurrecting the 70’s show and will create a new modern anime TV show. Having not watched the movie yet, I can’t say for certain if this is a good thing. Although the movie does look incredible.
- Tired of trying to figure out the heck is going on with LOST? Too many competing theories making your head hurt? Then check out this Timeloop Theory of LOST and marvel at all the thought that has gone into it. Simply amazing, and nicely presented too. Is it close to the truth? I guess we’ll just have to keep watching to find out. But still, a job well done.
- Chris Carter recently dropped a few minor spoilers about the upcoming X-Files movie: It will be standalone, we will learn more about Fox and Mulder’s baby William (they had a baby?? What? When? Stupid season 9), and it takes place six years after the last season. I know I’m interested, even if I did quit watching around season 7.
- Tim’s arch-nemesis, Tahmoh Penikett (Helo on Galactica and Boomer’s baby’s daddy), has been cast in Joss Whedon’s new TV project, Dollhouse. Penikett will play FBI agent Paul Smith who becomes romantically linked with Eliza Dushku’s character. Dushku + Grace Park = One lucky guy.
- Edward James Olmos on a potential ending for Galactica: Everybody dies. Olmos said this is a possibility if the writers stay true to form and he would be O.K. with that. Of course, the fans wouldn’t be… Remember, April 4th at 10pm ET marks the return of Galactica.
- The Stargate themed MMO, Stargate Worlds continues to release trickles of information. This time it’s in the form of four new screenshots depicting the decidedly Egyptian motif from the movie. This game certainly looks cool.
- The Vuze platform (based on Bittorrent), now has the Sci Fi series Afterworld available for download.
- The alternate reality hopping detective story Charlie Jade will be making its way to the Sci Fi Channel. I’ll say this, it certainly looks interesting. Hmm, may have to check this out soon.
Filed under: Tube Bits
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!