Here are the books we received this past week.
Thoughts on some these titles after the jump…
- I’ve read Westerfeld’s The Risen Empire and highly recommend it and its sequel The Killing of Worlds (which will also be reprinted soon).
- City at the End of Time and The Last Theorem are the official copies of the advanced reader copies (ARCs) we received a few weeks ago.
- I really like the cover for Star Wars: The Clone Wars despite it looking like one of those DK visual reference books.
- The folks at Black Library were kind enough to send us a whole new batch of books, which just serves to remind me how much folks say I should be reading the Warhammer 40K books.
- Solaris coughed up two titles this week that are very interesting to me: Necropath (I’ve liked Eric Brown’s past stuff) and Extraordinary Engines (steampunk anthology – what more is there to say?)
- Iron Jaw and Hummingbird is Chris Roberson’s foray into young adult territory. It’s also set in his Celestial Empire setting and, if history is any indication, promises to be quite enjoyable.
- Also looking interesting: Electric Velocipede #14, Psychological Methods To Sell Should Be Destroyed, and The Exquisite Corpuscle.
- The ARC of Cross County comes the week Wizards of the Coast has canceled its Discoveries imprint.