SF Tidbits for 8/28/08
- Free Fiction:
- The first year of Astounding has been scanned for your cumbersome online reading pleasure. [via QuasarDragon]
- @FeedBooks: “A Prize for Edie” by Jesse Franklin Bone.
- @Fantasy Magazine: “Gravity” by Peter Higgins. [via QuasarDragon]
- @Stuart Clark’s website: “Digitall” and “The Curator“. [PDF files]
- Behind the Wainscot #15 features flash fiction from Paul Abbamondi, Forrest Aguirre, Jacquelyn Benson, Hal Duncan, Paul Jessup, Jay Lake, J.M. Mcdermott, Cat Rambo, Ekaterina Sedia, Rachel Swirsky, Mark Teppo, and Catherynne M. Valente.
- The latest StarShipSofa features fiction by Elizabeth Bear and G. David Nordley.
- Lilith Saintcrow is serializing her novel Selene. Here’s Part 4.
- Interviews and Profiles:
- Cover Pr0n:
- Tobias Buckell & Todd Lockwood are featured in a bunch of videos at Suvudu, where they talk about Lockwood’s awesome cover art for Buckell’s books.
- S. Andrew Swann’s Prophets.
- Pablo Defendini looks at the cover art for Austin Grossman’s Soon I Will Be Invincible.
- Spidey graces the cover of Marvels 2.
- Lou Anders says Science Fiction Belongs to the World and asks: “…do people feel they have to agree with an author to enjoy them?”
- A Collectors’ Edition of SFX focuses on CGI and special effects.
- Sean Williams shows us what it’s like releasing a Star Wars novel.
- The LA Times sidles up to media tie-ins and asks: “Does a real writer accept a gig doing books spun off from films or TV shows?” [via SlushPile.net]
- Serendipitous finds for readers: Deciding Whether to Read a Book / How to Read.
- The September 17th edition of the KGB reading series features Holly Black and Lauren McLaughlin.
- John Scalzi tells us Why Tim Burton’s Recurring Nightmare Remains So Popular.
- Cool gear: Keep your beer cold with this R2-D2 Fridge.
- @VideoHound: 10 Truly Underrated Sci-Fi Movies. [via Wil Wheaton]
- SciFi Scanner interviews Time senior writer Jeffrey Kluger (co-author of the book on which the film Apollo 13 was based) and lists Five Things You Didn’t Know About Apollo 13.
- @Code of Contact: Science Fiction Books Worth Reading Twice.
- Farkers photoshop Star Wars characters into other movies. Funny stuff…
Filed under: Tidbits
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!