SF Tidbits for 1/30/09
- Interviews & Profiles:
- Drawn! interviews Shaun Tan, who is also profiled on Omnivoracious.
- Joseph Mallozzi interviews Jeff Vandermeer.
- @NewsMiner: David Marusek (Mind Over Ship).
- @Los Angeles Times: Star Trek director J.J. Abrams (part 1), who says that the reboot is true to the original, but also a “completely different experience”. I don’t care as long as it’s good.
- Tor.com serves up some more free wallpaper featuring art by Gregory Manchess and Stephan Martiniere.
- Meanwhile, io9 posts a decent gallery of Pulp SF Book Covers.
- Free Flash Fiction: “The Fallen Angel” by Mike Resnick. [via Fred K.]
- Free Excerpt: Read the first 9 chapters of Eric Nylund’s new book, Mortal Coils.
- Neil Gaiman really digs the button. The video was shot in Gaiman’s home. I would gladly give him many, many buttons in exchange for his library room.
- Amazon prepares to launch new Kindle reader. No details yet on what’s new. [via Bookninja]
- William Shatner remembers Ricardo Montalban. Quite fondly, I might add. Get a room! Oh, and Shatner re-attempts his famous “Khaaan!” yell. Epic fail on that one.
- The Website at the End of the Universe points to this article on How to Stop Accumulating Books. Yeah, as if.
Filed under: Tidbits
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!