SF Tidbits for 4/16/09
- Michael Chabon is working on the screenplay for John Carter of Mars. [via Chris Roberson and Geeks of Doom]
- RIP: Sad News…Derek Weiler, editor of the Quill & Quire, passed away on April 12th at age 40. Weiler was active in the Canadian science fiction community. [via SciFi Watch]
- Interviews & Profiles:
- AWARDS: Nominees for The Shirley Jackson Awards. [via Forbidden Planet International and Jeff VanderMmeer]
- Justina Robson tells us what fantasy is about.
- Nancy Kress fights piracy.
- Alastair Reynolds’ upcoming book, Terminal World, is described as a “snarling, drooling, crazy-eyed mongrel of a book: equal parts steampunk, western, planetary romance and far-future SF.”
- Self-Publishing in a nutshell: Self-Publishing Not Necessarily a Bowl of Cherries.
- Where authors get their ideas.
- Jay Lake visits the offices of Chinese sf magazine Science Fiction World .
- Free Fiction: The latest StarShipSofa podcast features fiction from James Lovegrove.
- For your listening enjoyment, John Anealio of Sci Fi Songs offers “Summer Glau: The Remix (Part 3)“
- Wooden Sci-Fi Sculptures Make Great Geek Art [via One Plus Infinity which also offers Fighting Monkey Robots].
- @Topless Robot: The 8 Reasons Everyone Should Be Glad Doctor Who Isn’t an American
- io9 lists The Mad Mentalists of Pre-Golden-Age SF and 10 Science Fiction Stories About The Titanic.
- @Mania.com: The Top 20 Greatest Fantasy Writers of All-Time. [via Eos Tweet]
Filed under: Tidbits
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!