NOMINEES: 2008 Sidewise Awards
Steven H Silver tells us that the nominees for the 2008 Sidewise Award, honoring works of alternate history, have been announced:
- The Affinity Bridge, by George Mann (Snowbooks/Tor, 2009) [See SF Signal review]
- The Dragon’s Nine Sons, by Chris Roberson (Solaris) [See SF Signal review]
- Half a Crown, by Jo Walton (Tor)
- Nation, by Terry Pratchett (HarperCollins/Doubleday UK) [See SF Signal review]
- Swiftly, by Adam Roberts (Gollancz)
- “A Brief Guide to Other Histories,” by Paul J. McAuley (Postscripts #15)
- “G-Men,” by Kristine Kathryn Rusch (Sideways in Crime, edited by Lou Anders, Solaris) [See SF Signal review]
- “Night Bird Soaring,” by T.L. Morganfield (Greatest Uncommon Denominator, Autumn/08)
- “The People’s Machine,” by Tobias Buckell (Sideways in Crime, edited by Lou Anders, Solaris) [See SF Signal review]
- “Poison Victory,” by Albert E. Cowdrey (F&SF, 07/08)
- “Sacrifice,” by Mary Rosenblum (Sideways in Crime, edited by Lou Anders, Solaris) [See SF Signal review]
The 2008 Sidewise Awards will be presented at Anticipation, the 67th Worldcon, to be held in Montreal, Canada from August 6-10, 2009. The Sidewise Awards for Alternate History were established in 1995 to recognize excellence in alternate history fiction. The winners are selected from a panel of judges that currently includes Stephen Baxter, Evelyn Leeper, Jim Rittenhouse, Stuart Shiffman, Kurt Sidaway, and Steven H Silver.
See also: Past winners and finalists.
Filed under: Awards
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!