SF Tidbits for 8/1/09
- Ridley Scott is set to direct an Alien prequel film. WTF? Sir Ridley said Science Fictions are as dead as Westerns…Don’t get me started.
- Marty Halpern talks about his personal memories of Jack Vance.
- Mark Teppo talks about ideas in his guest-post at Electric Velocipede Blog.
- In response to Joe Abercrombie’s Dungeons & Dragons post, Bill Ward says Thank You, D&D .
- Edward Champion asks: Are Bookstores Being Too Censorious With Author Events?
- Weird Tales will be releasing One-Minute Weird Tales micro-fictions weekly from now through Halloween. [via J.M. McDermott]
- David Langford has posted the new Ansible for August 2009.
- Spiderman Saves the Day! Yay, Spiderman!
- More Dork Tower vs. The SyFy Channel.
- An Engadget contest to skin the Kindle has resulted in some cool designs — like this one based on Philip K. Dick’s Ubik.
- You want a jetpack? I got your jetpack tight here. Just bring your own water. [via Boing Boing]
- @io9 lists Our Favorite Last Lines From Science Fiction Novels and Science Fiction’s Scariest Priests and Preachers.
- Name that book: They speak German and they carry whips.
Tagged with: Alien • Ansible • Art • David Langford • Dork Tower • Dungeons & Dragons • Edward Champion • Jack Vance • James Enge • Jetpack • Joe Abercrombie • Mark Teppo • Marty Halpern • Mickey Mouse • Philip K Dick's • Ridley Scott • Spiderman • steampunk • Superheroes • SyFy Channel • Tidbits • Ubik • Weird Tales
Filed under: Tidbits
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!