SF Tidbits for 8/11/09
- Interviews & Profiles:
- @Dark Wolf’s Fantasy Reviews: an interview with Ekaterina Sedia, author of The Alchemy of Stone.
- The always-awesome Fast Forward has video reactions from Chesley Award winners John Picacio and Lou Anders.
- Guardian looks at the myth-making genius of Hugo winner Neil Gaiman. “His Hugo award doesn’t come as much of a surprise, but it’s supremely well deserved.”
- Orbit has a video interview with Joe Abercrombie, as well as an excerpt of his novel Best Served Cold.
- Bibliophile Stalker has an interview with Aliette de Bodard.
- @Strange Horizons: David Weber. [via Bibliophile Stalker]
- Shat alert! Time interviews William Shatner.
- @Subterranean Press: Joe R. Lansdale interviews Hap and Leonard. Yes, they’re his fictional creations. What’s it to ya’?
- Wired says the Hugo Awards are overdue for a videogame category. [Thanks Pawel]
- At Barnes & Noble, author Paul DiFilippo on Cyberpunk and its legacy while he discusses John Shirley’s Bleak Histoy, Rudy Rucker’s Hylozoic and Bruce Sterling’s The Caryatids. [via Enter the Octopus]
- Underwire looks at Vintage Mexican Sci-Fi. [via Boing Boing]
- “The relentless cacophony that is life in the 21st century can make settling in with a book difficult even for lifelong readers and those who are paid to do it.” So says the LA Times in their article about the lost art of reading.
- Book View Cafe’s 4th Twitter Fic contest is being held from August 11 through 13.
- The Onion illuminates us on the fine art of sf writing with the revelation that one Sci-Fi Writer Attributes Everything Mysterious To ‘Quantum Flux’. [via Bookninja]
- Now this is an idea I can get behind: Wizard of Oz Remastered And Returning To Theaters!
Tagged with: Aliette de Bodard • cyberpunk • David Weber • Ekaterina Sedia • Joe Abercrombie • Joe R. Lansdale • John Picacio • Lou Anders • Neil Gaiman • Paul DiFilippo • Tidbits • William Shatner • Wizard Of Oz
Filed under: Tidbits
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!