SF Tidbits for 8/15/09
- Geoff Ryman is looking for a composer to collaborate on an audio version of his novel The Child Garden.
- Vance Kovacs is doing the covers plus interiors drawings for Tor’s upcoming editions of Michael Moorcock’s Hawkmoon series.
- Meanwhile, at ArmadilloCon, Michael Moorcock made a surprise visits to give literary prize to Howard Waldrop.
- Ellen Datlow has posted photos from Anticipation.
- Angry Robot Books has posted a free sample chapter of Kell’s Legend by Andy Remic.
- The Agony column has interviews with Kage Baker, Madeleine Robins, and Ray Garton.
- Gail Z. Martin’s Ghost in the Machine Podcast welcomes J.C. Hutchins and Michael D’Ambrosio.
- Bryan Singer will be producing (and possibly directing) a Battlestar Galactica Movie
- At AMC, Mary Robinette Kowal looks at GLBT characters in fantasy films.
- Here’s a helpful poster that Luke Skywalker could have used.
- The creators of Stargate: Universe respond to the current brouhaha over the lesbian body swapping episode. John Scalzi comments as well, or rather explains why he can’t. [via Multi-Genre Fan]
- The Wonder Twins are coming to Smallville.
- Clive Barker has a new television project coming: Clive Barker’s Hotel, about which I can only pray to the TV gods that this not be a reality show.
- Jawbone TV offers a look at how the SciFi comedy film Iron Sky came to be, including selling war bonds to fans.
- Jay is Games is hosting a SciFi-themed Spot-the-differences game, Little Red Riding Hood: A Post Apocalyptic Adventure.
- Listverse lists Top 10 Menacing Film Characters.
- The Chicago Tribune lists The Best and Worst Alien invasions.
Tagged with: Alien invasions • Andy Remic • Battlestar Galactica • Bryan Singer • Clive Barker • Geoff Ryman • GLBT • Hawkmoon • J.C. Hutchins • Kage Baker • Madeleine Robins • Mary Robinette Kowal • Michael Moorcock • Ray Garton • Smallville • Star Wars • Stargate: Universe • Vance Kovacs • Wonder Twins
Filed under: Tidbits
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!