SF Tidbits for 8/18/09
- The LA Times Lev Grossman (The Magicians).
- The LA Times reviews Joe R. Lansdale and USA Today reviews Lev Grossman.
- Bibliophile Stalker interviews Lavie Tidhar.
- Diana Pharaoh Francis talks about Serializing a Novel at SF Novelists.
- Kaaron Warren has been added to the list of sf/f authors who blog.
- John Scalzi gives an update on BigIdeaAuthors.com.
- Space Atoms is an upcoming short SciFi comedy film from the UK.
- Irene Gallo, Tor’s Art Director, has a great art-centric roundup of WorldCon posted.
- Scott Edelman has posted video of his 2000 Nebula Awards Weekend speech…and blames Paul Levinson for the demise of Science Fiction Age.
- The Angry Black Woman is soliciting titles for mindblowing science fiction by people of color.
- Damnation Books, publishers of horror, dark fantasy, paranormals, thrillers, science fiction and dark-themed erotica, is giving away a 2nd book this week for folks who join their reader’s list.
- SciFiNow reminds us of this retro Star Trek spoof from Saturday Night Live.
- Real Science:
- Astrobiology and the quest for extraterrestrial life: “The discovery of life elsewhere in the Solar System would ‘profoundly change our understanding of where we came from and our place in the cosmos’, astrobiologist Lewis Dartnell told Sam Wong ahead of his public lecture on the subject this week…”
- TechRivet points us to this interesting article about the feasibility of a lunar nuclear reactor. Anyone else getting the image of the Moon from the remake of The Time Machine with Guy Pearce?
- A bar in Minneapolis reopens as a zombie-themed bar. [via Neatorama]
- Mmm…Doctor Who cakes… [via HardcoreNerdity]
- Some genre films make Quentin Tarantino Reveals His Top 20 Movies.
- Mania lists 7 SFX in Movies That Changed Everything.
- Marooned rounds up an impressive list of facsimiles of first edition sf book dust jackets selling for $22 each.
- Also from Marooned: Den of Geek’s Top 10 potential sci-fi franchises Hollywood ignored.
Tagged with: Bar • Cakes • Diana Pharaoh Francis • Doctor Who • Irene Gallo • Joe R. Lansdale • John Scalzi • Kaaron Warren • Lavie Tidhar • Lev Grossman • Paul Levinson • Quentin Tarantino • Saturday Night Live • Science Fiction Age • Scott Edelman • Space Atoms • Star Trek • Tidbits • worldcon • Zombie
Filed under: Tidbits
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!