SF Tidbits for 8/19/09
- Interviews & Profiles:
- The World Fantasy Lifetime Achievement Award winners for 2009 are Jane Yolen and Ellen Asher.
- Win Scott Eckert posts covers for Phantom Chronicles 2.
- Cory Doctorow explains Why free ebooks should be part of the plot for writers: “…the right time to do a free ebook release is when the printed book is available…”
- David Brin has some issues with LOST, that “infuriating television show”.
- The Outer Alliance is a new group dedicated to intelligent discussion of LGBT issues in speculative literature. [via Cheryl's Mewsings via Hal Duncan]
- Amy Sterling Casil looks at more Star Trek book covers.
- James Wallace Harris asks: Has the Universe Gotten Too Big for Science Fiction?
- EVENT: As part of the Fantastic Fiction free reading series, Ellen Datlow and Matthew Kressel present Andrew Fox (The Good Humor Man and Calorie 3501) & Chris Genoa (Foop! and the upcoming Lick Your Neighbor) Wednesday September 16th, 7pm at KGB Bar in NYC.
- Quiz: Can you name the books of George Orwell?
- The chicago-sf.org has some tidbist of interest:
- Apex is running a promotion in support of Harlan County Horrors.
- @Wired: Marvel Moves Into Motion Comics With Spider-Woman.
- The Steampunk Workshop points us to the cool steampunk artwork of Ivan Mavrovic.
- Publishers Weekly‘s Genreville blog gets a reboot and a new (redirect) domain name.
- Horror Squad looks at science fiction horror films. [via ScifiSquad]
- Retro-Geek-cool: USS Enterprise record player.
- Neil Gaiman and Wil Wheaton make the list of Top 10 Twitter Feeds to Follow by HowStuffWorks.
- @Geeks are Sexy: Top 5 Places to get Free Science Fiction Online.
- @GeekDad: 5 Science Fiction/Fantasy Books We Wish Had Never Been Written.
- @Comicbook.com: 10 Fall Movies For Comic Book Geeks.
- @Bookstove: 5 Sci-Fi Books That Should be Made into Movies.
- @io9: The Best of SciFi’s Oppressed Alien Species.
- @SFX: SciFi’s 26 Greatest Tearjerkers.
- @Fancast: 50 Sci Fi Things You Must Watch Now.
- @SCI FI Wire: The 10 most badass sci-fi battlesuits ever.
- A response to Quentin Tarantino’s picks for Top 20 Movies of the last 17 years: Joseph Mallozzi’s Top 20 Movies of the Past 17 Years.
- Just…Wow. Concept Art World has 25 Inspiring Examples of Spaceships and Aircraft.
Tagged with: Aaron Allston • Alex Proyas • Amy Sterling Casil • Art • Charles Coleman Finlay. • Christie Golden • Comics • Cory Doctorow • Ellen Asher • Ellen Datlow • George Orwell • James Tiptree Jr. • James Wallace Harris • Jane Yolen • Joseph Mallozzi • KGB • Marvel • Neil Gaiman • Peter Watts • Star Trek • Star Wars • steampunk • Tidbits • Troy Denning • Wil Wheaton • Win Scott Eckert
Filed under: Tidbits
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!