SF Tidbits for 8/7/09
- The controversy over Justine Larbalestier’s cover for Liar results in a new cover. [via Bibliophile Stalker]
- RainTaxi interviews Catherynne M. Valente.
- Fantasy Book Critic interviews: Jennifer Fallon.
- As of today, urban fantasy author, Seanan McGuire (Rosemary and Rue), joins Book View Cafe.
- For the next two weeks Karen Miller will be guest-posting at the Babel Clash blog. [via Orbit]
- Adam Roberts wants you to pick the best cover for Jack Vance’s Lyonesse. [via Pyr-o-mania]
- John Clute reviews George Zebrowski’s Empties. [via Locus Online]
- Omnivoracious looks at a few Young Adult titles.
- There’s an interesting discussion going on at Asimov’s forums about SF Masterpieces Ruined by the Ending.
- Norilana Books has acquired the Jane Austen mashup Mansfield Mark and Mummies by by Jane Austen and Vera Nazarian.
- Locus Online has posted the contents of the August 2009 issue, which features the obituary of the Magazines longtime Editor-in-Chief, Charles N. Brown.
- File 770 #156 has been posted at eFanzines.
- @TeleRead: Why print books are like zombies.
- John Anealio posts his latest Sci-Fi Song regarding the recent flap over George R.R. Martin getting fan backlash over his Game of Thrones delays.
- John Scalzi talks about the chances of this year’s Hugo nominees making it to the big screen.
- Terry Gilliam wants to adapt Philip K. Dick’s The World Jones Made.
- Can someone explain to me why Ridley Scott, the man who said SciFi film is dead, is not only directing an Alien prequel, but no an adaptation of Aldous Huxley’s Brave New World? What, is he done with Monopoly already?
- Wikipedia features this handy List of science fiction film and television series by lengths.
- Geekend asks: Which characters do you want to see in the Star Trek sequel? I think seeing Chief Wiggum would be cool, but only if it could realistically explained by a wormhole to another dimension where people are yellow.
- Mary Robinette Kowal lists Iconic Fantasy Weapons. Bouns points for including Jackie Chan. (Oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh.)
- In response to the table of contents of The Mammoth book of Mindblowing SF, Marooned has posted the TOC for the imaginary The Mammoth e-Book of Mindblowing Mars SF.
Tagged with: Adam Roberts. • Book View Cafe • Catherynne M. Valente • Charles N. Brown • George Zebrowski • Jennifer Fallon. • John Anealio • John Clute • John Scalzi • Justine Larbalestier • Karen Miller • Mary Robinette Kowal • Philip K. Dick • Ridley Scott • Seanan McGuire • Star Trek • Terry Gilliam • The Man in the High Castle • Tidbits • Vera Nazarian
Filed under: Tidbits
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!