SF Tidbits for 8/9/09
- Interviews & Profiles:
- Fast Forward has brief video interviews with author Pat Cadigan and Locus Magazine‘s Gary Wolfe taken at WorldCon.
- Suvudu points us to (and summarizes) this audio-interview with George R. R. Martin (A Dance With Dragons).
- SciFiChick interviews Kevin J. Anderson.
- John Cramer (Twistor) was quoted in Lisa Grossman’s New Scientist article: Expert panel urges NASA to revive futuristic think tank, which concerns NASA’s Institute for Advanced Concepts. [via Kathryn Cramer]
- The Chicago Speculative Fiction interviews Johanna Sinisalo.
- Due to continuity issues being introduced by the Clone Wars series, Karen Traviss says farewell To Star Wars novels. [via TheForce.Net]
- Sarah Zettel gets steampunk.
- For those following the Hugo changes, the Semiprozine Hugo will continue.
- An upcoming Geekerati radio show will ask: Is there an inverse relationship between budget and quality in SciFi movies?
- You want sensawunda? I got your sensawunda right here, at Webdesigner Depot’s list of 50 Eye-Popping Examples of Concept Art. This is some great stuff.
- Mark Charan Newton (Nights of Villjamur) lists Some Interesting Things You Might Not Know About Being A Writer. [via Ecstatic Days]
- A few genre films make Spike TV’s list The Top 10 Movies to Make Any Dude Cry.
- Bella at A Bibliophile’s Bookshelf is compiling a list of The 101 Best Fantasy Books. Submit your suggestions!
Filed under: Tidbits
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!