SF Tidbits for 9/16/09
- Interviews & Profiles:
- Listen to Harlan Ellison’s Dramatic Reading of the Seussified “I Will Not Read Your F***ing Script”. Obviously NSFW. [via Genreville]
- Speaking of asking writers for favors, John Scalzi rants On The Asking of Favors From Established Writers: “It looks like it’s time to do a little more head-knocking regarding the life of a writer, so let’s just start knocking heads, shall we…” Jason Sanford responds: “And the word laughed and proclaimed, ‘It’s nothing personal, but that’s life. There are always going to be distractions, people you’d prefer not to deal with, and things you’d rather not do. If any of that bothers you, simply grow a spine and say no once in a while.'”
- Angry Robot signs John Meaney and Matthew Hughes.
- J.M. McDermott writes in to tell us that Apex Book Publishing has picked up the eBook rights of his well-received debut, Last Dragon.
- Shattersnipe has a theory on Why Paranormal Romance Is No Fad
- The Official Star Wars Blog tells us that a man in Norway named Andreas Jankov has legally changed his name to Julius Andreas Gimli Arn MacGyver Chewbacka Highlander Elessar-Jankov.
- Gary Farber sees parallels between Ronald Regan and Vladimir Lenin…and The Day the Earth Stood Still.
- A new trend? Sense and Sensibility and Sea Monsters. [via MobileRead]
- Alien and Frodo as Garbage Pail Kids. More here.
- @Newsarama: 10 of Fiction’s Biggest Brains.
Tagged with: Alien • Alma Alexander. • Brains • Frodo • Garbage Pail Kids • Gary Farber • Harlan Ellison • J.M. McDermott • Jason Sanford • John Meaney • John Scalzi • Josh Jasper • Leigh Brackett • Matthew Hughes • Paranormal Romance • Rose Fox • Star Wars • Superheroes • Tidbits
Filed under: Tidbits
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!