SF Tidbits for 9/18/09
- Interviews and Profiles:
- Here’s a video interview with Charles Coleman Finlay (The Patriot Witch)
- @Rescued By Nerds: Jeff Somers (The Eternal Prison).
- @Fantasy Magazine: Nancy Kress.
- BLDGBLOG interviews Jeff VanderMeer about Science Fiction and the City.
- In 2006, Ken Hollings profiled Philip K. Dick on a radio show. The audio recording is now available. [via Boing Boing]
- On September 22 at 9pm Eastern/8pm Central, Baen author Travis S. Taylor will appear on the History Channel special, 10 Ways to Destroy the Earth . [via Baen Books]
- Ellen Datlow has posted photos of the September 16th KGB reading .
- Paul Graham Raven reviews Reading Science Fiction edited by Edited by James Gunn, Marleen S. Barr and Matthew Candelaria.
- John Scalzi Examines SciFi’s Special Extended Director’s Cuts.
- Mary Robinette Kowal says Precogs and Ray Guns Have No Place In True SciFi: “Here are some of the red flags that will let you know you’ve trespassed into the heart of science fantasy turf….”
- This Robot can jump a 25 ft. fence! Looks more like an RC car, though.
- Did you know Law Enforcement Targets come in Zombie flavor? [via Boing Boing]
- Slice of SciFi asks Are 3-D Movies a Victim of Their Own Success?
Tagged with: Charles Coleman Finlay. • Ellen Datlow • James Gunn • Jeff Somers • Jeff VanderMeer • John Scalzi • KGB • Marleen S. Barr • Mary Robinette Kowal • Matthew Candelaria • Nancy Kress • Paul Graham Raven • Philip K. Dick • Tidbits • Time Travel • Travis S. Taylor • vampires • Zombie flavor
Filed under: Tidbits
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!