SF Tidbits for 9/19/09
- Interviews and Profiles:
- Paul Levinson interviews Robert J. Sawyer about FlashForward in his latest Light On Light Through podcast.
- At Joseph Mallozzi’s blog, Matthew Woodring Stover answers readers’ questions.
- Guests this week on the Sofanauts are: Jeff VanderMeer, Jeremy Tolbert, and Amy H. Sturgis.
- @Sci-Fi Fan Letter: John Ringo.
- io9 interviews Paolo Bacigalupi, author of The Windup Girl.
- The Guardian tells us that Kim Stanley Robinson accuses the Booker prize judges of ignorance, referring to the article in New Scientists in which KSR says: “…it seems to me that three or four of the last 10 Booker prizes should have gone to science fiction novels the juries hadn’t read.”
- Shaun Tan and Diana Wynne Jones are finalists for the Astrid Lindgren Children’s Literature Award. [via File 770]
- Jeff VanderMeer offers a John Clute Translation Guide.
- Omnivoracious looks at the first lines of J.G. Ballard.
- At The World in the Satin Bag, S.M. Duke post part 5 of his article series Punking Everything in SF/F: The (Closer) Past (Cyberpunk C).
- SCI FI Wire explores Cool video: The best TRON references from pop culture.
- On his blog mispeled, Luke Bergeron is running a 5-part series of posts on Self-Publishing, E-books, and Legitimacy. “The traditional publishing system has become a vile backwater of internal handshaking, intensely gated communities, and lottery-styled odds.” [via TeleRead]
- SFX lists SF and Fantasy’s 20 Most Irritating Characters.
Tagged with: Amy H. Sturgis • Diana Wynne Jones • e-Books • FlashForward • J.G. Ballard • Jeff VanderMeer • Jeremy Tolbert • John Clute • John Ringo • Joseph Mallozzi • Kim Stanley Robinson • Matthew Woodring Stover • Paolo Bacigalupi • Paul Levinson • Robert J. Sawyer • S.M. Duke • Shaun Tan • Sofanauts • Tidbits • Tron
Filed under: Tidbits
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!