SF Tidbits for 9/25/09
- David Louis Edelman previews Geosynchron, book 3 of the Jump 225 Trilogy.
- Interviews and Profiles:
- @Talking with Tim: Dan Abnett (Triumff).
- @Whatever: Paolo Bacigalupi, author of The Windup Girl.
- @Stomping on Yeti: Alex Irvine (Buyout).
- Future interview: For the first time, readers and fans will have the opportunity to join a live online chat with authors, and friends, Terry Brooks and Christopher Paolini. On Wednesday, October 14, 2009, the authors will discuss the worlds of fantasy, film, and literature and take questions from fans.
- The winners of the 2009 BSFS Robert. A Heinlein Award are Joe Haldeman and John Varley.
- The Science Fiction and Fantasy Writers of America announced increased support for AboutSF for the coming year, continuing a partnership that began in 2006. The SFWA board of directors voted unanimously Sept. 23 to fund AboutSF with a $5,000 one-year grant. SFWA has previously supported AboutSF with $3,000 annually. “The Lessons Library, which AboutSF has put together, is a tremendous resource and is just a fraction of the work they do to bring SF to a broader audience,” said SFWA Secretary Mary Robinette Kowal. “I am delighted that SFWA is able to partner with them on this outreach.”
- Kristine Kathryn Rusch posts another installment of her Freelancer’s Survival Guide: Failure.
- Cool Book Covers of the Week:
- John Anealio has posted a new Sci-Fi Songs podcast (Episode #16).
- Wil Wheaton is letting us peek behind the curtain of Big Bang Theory where he will soon be guest-starring.
- How is Automotive R&D like Flatulent Centaurs?
- Books Worth Reading compiles An Immortality Reading List.
- BookFinder has posted a list of The Most Sought After Out-Of-Print Books — a list which includes a section for Science Fiction, Fantasy & Horror.
- In honor of the ree;lase of Surrogates today, io9 lists 10 Best Robot Bodies To Jack Your Brain Into and Moviefone lists The 14 Sexiest Androids in Movies.
- @Wired: Best Sci-Fi Theme Song Reboots.
- @ScifiSquad: The Top Ten Sci-Fi Horror Movies.
- @Topless Robot: 5 Genuinely Worthwhile Female Versions of Male Superheroes.
- And now, for your metal listening enjoyment, here’s the book trailer for Star Wars: Death Troopers:
Tagged with: Alex Irvine • Big Bang Theory • Centaurs • Chris McGrath • Dan Abnett • David Louis Edelman • Joe Haldeman • John Anealio • John Varley • Kristine Kathryn Rusch • Mark Chadbourn • Paolo Bacigalupi • Star Wars • steampunk • Terry Brooks • Tidbits • Wil Wheaton
Filed under: Tidbits
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!