SF Tidbits for 9/4/09
- John Picacio shows off his awesome cover art for Are You There and Other Stories by Jack Skillingstead. (Also at Missions Unknown)
- Pyr SF shows off the full jacket design for Paul McAuley’s The Quiet War. Meanwhile Paul McAuley pimps his own covers for his numerous current reprints.
- Great news of the Week: Solaris Books has been picked up by Rebellion and will continue to produce great science fiction and fantasy.
- Interviews & Profiles:
- @Mad Hatter’s Bookshelf: Mark Teppo (Lightbreaker).
- Over at Joseph Mallozzi’s blog, Jasper Fforde answers reader questions. (And a reminder for those folowing in his book club: discussion starts soon on the next book, Heroes Die by Matthew Woodring Stover.)
- Agony Column continues with part 2 of their podcast interviews celebrating Fantasy & Science Fiction magazine’s 60 Years, featuring Jeffrey Ford, John Kessel and Delia Sherman
- Ideology of Madness interviews Matt Sturges.
- @The British Science Fiction Association: Andy Remic
- Genreville TV interviewed Kaaron Warren and Robert Freeman Wexler at KGB Fantastic Fiction.
- Jess Nevins on The Zeppelin Pulps.
- Scott Edelman shares another installment of the 2000 Nebula Awards Weekend.
- Hal Duncan has a new BSC column. In the first installment, he talks about the definition of science fiction.
- NK Jemisin asks Who’s Afraid of Urban Fantasy? [via Bibliophile Stalker]
- Serialized Excerpts:
- Cheryl Morgan has posted her thoughts on Thoughts on Hugo Nominations.
- Norilana Books announces that Warrior Wisewoman 3 edited by Roby James, their annual anthology of science fiction featuring powerful and remarkable women, is now open to submissions.
- Empire Online asks: Is sci-fi better when it’s low budget? [via Whedonesque]
- Tom Baker says…er…I mean stars in Doctor Who: Hornet’s Nest, a five-part adventure series for BBC audio dramas. [via Big Dumb Object via Wired]
- Dave Franzese has posted a fun set of ray gun drawings. [via Drawn!]
- Blow Your Circuits With AMC’s SciFi Robots Quiz.
- @SFX: The Top 10 Greatest Superheroes Ever Revealed. (Realted: The Daily P.O.P. looks at Captain Britain.)
- @ScifiSquad: The Top Ten Sci-Fi Mind Control Movies.
- Mike Brotherton lists The Ten Scariest Science Fiction Movies.
- @Movie Moron: Top 10 Best Graphic Novels – Being Turned Into Movies. [via Raymond Thornton, an excellent illustrator.]
Tagged with: Andy Remic • Cheryl Morgan • Delia Sherman • Doctor Who • Hal Duncan • Jack Skillingstead • Jasper Fforde • Jeffrey Ford • Jess Nevins • John Kessel • John Picacio • Joseph Mallozzi's • Kaaron Warren • Matt Sturges. • NK Jemisin • Paul McAuley • Pulps • Robert Freeman Wexler • Scott Edelman • Solaris • Superheroes • Tidbits • Tom Baker says
Filed under: Tidbits
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!