SF Tidbits for 9/7/09
- The Examiner lists Top 10 SciFi/Fantasy movies coming this Fall. Included is the premise for the new Rambo film, which involves technologically-enhanced soldiers. They’d have to be: Stallone is 63 years old.
- Newsarama points us to Neil Gaiman talking about Vampires.
- The latest Adventures in SciFi Publishing podcast features Matthew Rotundo, Jordan Lapp, Lou Anders
- Karen Wester Newton asks: Has reading changed? “For centuries if you wanted to read a book, you needed a physical copy of it, and either you had to read it, or another human had to read it to you. Now, in addition to print copies, a book can be recorded by the author or an actor, podcast, sold on CD or as a download, or sold as an ebook, and read on (or by) an eReader.”
- Meanwhile, Louise Marley asks: What Do Readers Want? “As writers, all we can do is tell the story that’s ours to tell, in the very best way we know how to tell it.”
- EVENT: The Singularity Summit is coming to NYC October 3 – 4. The list of speakers is impressive, including Anders Sandberg, Gregory Benford, and Ray Kurzweil. [via Gravity Lens]
- One of our recent followers on Twitter is The Clockwork Quartet, a steampunk band. Cool idea!
Filed under: Tidbits
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!