15 years ago a little science fiction film debuted that would spawn three series, one of which is currently ongoing, and would create a sizable fanbase. I’m talking about, of course, the original Stargate movie. To commemorate the occasion, Lionsgate is releasing the 15th anniversary edition on Blu-Ray, and we have one to give away to a luck SF Signal reader! Aside from the original theatrical release, and due to the immense storage capacity of Blu-Ray, this disc also contains the following features:
- An extended cut of the film.
- “Deciphering the Gate: Concepts and Casting” featurette
- “Opening the Gate: The Making of the Movie” featurette
- “Passing Through the Gate: The Legacy” – featurette
- Never-before-seen Gag Reel
- “Master of the Stargate” Interactive Trivia Challenge
- BonusViewTM Picture-in-Picture “Stargate Ultimate Knowledge”
- “Is There a Stargate?” featurette
- “The Making-of Stargate” documentary
- Audio commentary with Director Roland Emmerich and Producer Dean Devlin
That’s a lot of stuff and note the film has been remastered in 1080P High Definition 16 x 9 Widescreen with English 7.1 DTS-MA Audio. All that makes me sad I don’t have a home theater system. Or a Blu-Ray player. But if you do and you’d like your very own copy, here are the rules:
- Send an email to contest at sfsignal dot com, which will eventually find its way to us.
- In the subject line enter Stargate.
- Also include your postal address so the disc can be sent out to you. (Note: As per usual, US and Canada residents only.)
- The contest will end on Wednesday, Nov. 4th, 2009 at 11:59:59PM CT. 1 lucky winner will be selected at random and the prize shipped out shortly thereafter.