Tube Bits For 10/27/2009
- If you’re of a certain age, you probably remember (fondly or not), the awesome 80’s TV series The Greatest American Hero. It seems that Captain Tight Pants himself, Nathan Fillion would like to take a crack at playing Ralph Hinkley. How cool would that be?
- Did you ever want to go Starfleet Academy but couldn’t afford a ticket to San Franciso and a time machine? Well you’re in luck! CBS and Mad Science, an educational company that runs science camps for kids, are teaming up to produce Star Trek Live, interactive stage show due to run at theme parks and performing arts centers across the country. The goal: to increase scientific literacy using an interactive stage show depicting Academy training. Nothing says “physics rules!” like special effects!
- It seems that J.J. Abrams is considering having William Shatner appear in the next Star Trek movie. Having Spock in the first was enough, don’t sully the new timeline by bringing in the original characters. Let the new ones stand on their own.
- ABC’s remake of V is set to air next week, on Nov. 3rd. To drum up viewer interest, ABC has been skywriting the letter ‘V’ over various landmarks around the country since last week. But let’s skip Houston, the 4th largest city in the nation because there couldn’t possibly be any science fiction fans there, or even a group of fans who live there and run a blog who could, oh I don’t know, post pictures of the ‘V’ over downtown. Nope, no one there. Nice job ABC.
- Stargate Universe keeps on, err, trucking as their ratings, with the DVR+7 populace added in, hit 3 million viewers. That’s quite a good showing. Heck, SyFy kept Galactica around for 4 season when its ratings were much lower for most of the last 3 seasons. Looking good for SGU.
- With Fringe being kicked around baseball, we didn’t have an episode last week (and seriously, the Yankees again? Go, uh, Phillies I guess.) To tide you until it next airs (go Phillies sweep in 4!!!!), here is a short clip, the secrets of Episodes 201 – 203:
Filed under: Tube Bits
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!