GIVEAWAY: Win ‘The Prisoner – The Complete Series’ on DVD or Blu-ray
A&E Home Entertainment (@AEHomeEnt on Twitter) is sponsoring a giveaway to promote the recent release of The Prisoner: The Complete Series on DVD an Blu-ray. What this mean for you? It means you have a chance to win either the DVD or the Blu-ray set!
2 lucky SF Signal readers located in the U.S. have a chance to win The Prisoner: The Complete Series. 1 winner will receive the DVD set, the other will receive the Blu-ray set.
Here’s a more detailed description of the prizes:
Since its CBS debut in the summer of 1968, the masterful British TV series THE PRISONER has captivated American audiences. Now A&E presents a definitive collector’s edition of the cult classic which is considered one of the most innovative TV series ever filmed.
After resigning from a top-secret position, a man (McGoohan) is abducted and spirited from his London home to a mysterious place known only as ‘The Village.’ Village Residents, known only by numbers, are held captive because each possesses valuable knowledge. The Prisoner, now known as Number Six, battles to protect his mind — and his humanity — while struggling to discover the identity of Number One and escape captivity.
The DVD set includes the following bonus features:
- Ultra-rare original footage of the 1966 location shooting, accompanied by commentary with series production manager Bernie Williams
- Bonus program: The Prisoner Video Companion
- Rare alternate version of the episode “The Chimes of Big Ben”
- Rarely seen “Foreign File Cabinet” footage
- Rarely seen “Textless” intro and outro
- Original Broadcast trailers
- Original series promotional trailer
- Gallery of original production and promotional materials
- Production stills galleries
- Interactive map of the Village
- Prisoner trivia
The Blu-ray set includes the following bonus features:
- “Don’t Knock Yourself Out” – This exclusive, feature-length documentary is the definitive look at the production of THE PRISONER, told by those involved in its creation. It includes a combination of archive and newly-filmed interviews with nearly 400 people, including Amette Andre, Bernard Williams, David Tomblin, Derren Nesbitt, Peter Wyngarde, Anton Rodgers, Michael Grade, George Baker and Peter Bowles.
- Additional Featurettes – In “The Pink Prisoner,” Peter Wyngarde pays tribute to the series in this unique cross between an interview and comedy sketch; In “You Make Sure it Fits,” music editor Eric Mival discusses his role behind the scenes in making THE PRISONER and provides a unique look at the Music Bible for the show.
- Newly restored original edit of “Arrival” with an optional music-only soundtrack featuring Wilfred Josephs’ complete and abandoned score; original edit of the episode “The Chimes of Big Ben.”
- Production crew audio commentaries on seven episodes
- Image Archive – Individual galleries of over 1200 stills are featured throughout this set, including episodic shots, generic/PR Photos, coverage of the original Press Conference in 1967 and Jack Shampan’s designs.
- Archive material which includes textless titles with clean themes by Ron Grainer, Wilfred Josephs, and Robert Farnon, as well as material from Rover, Foreign ‘Filing Cabinet’ title footage and the McGoohan photo montage from “Arrival.”
- Production Paperwork Archive – Original scripts for each episode, along with other rarely-seen production documentation, press releases, call sheets and other memorabilia. This unique collection is sourced from the personal archives of Tony Sloman, Steven Ricks, and Simon Coward and is reproduced here with their permission and assistance. (DVD-ROM Feature)
- Exposure strips gallery; commercial break bumpers; trailers for all episodes
- Preview of AMC’s “The Prisoner” mini-series remake
Enough about the prize, here’s how to enter…
- Send an email to contest at sfsignal dot com. (That’s us).
- In the subject line enter ‘The Prisoner – DVD‘ if you’d like to win the DVD edition, or ‘The Prisoner – Blu-ray‘ if you’d like to win the Blu-ray set.
- Please include your postal address so the prize can be shipped out immediately when the contest is over. (NOTE: Sorry, this giveaway is only open to folks in the U.S.)
- Only one entry per person allowed. You must pick one prize or the other. Duplicate emails will be sent to a remote island paradise where it will be smothered by a giant weather balloon named “Rover”.
- The contest will end Monday, November 9th 2009 (11:59 PM U.S Central time). 2 winners will be selected at random, notified and announced shortly thereafter.
Tagged with: The Prisoner
Filed under: Contest
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!