SF Tidbits for 1/30/10
- M. John Harrison reviews Plan for Chaos by John Wyndham: “Despite its academic interest, Plan for Chaos is an almost unreadable book…it comes with an introduction by Christopher Priest, which is a good deal more interesting than the book itself.” Ouch!
- Mike Resnick on Chemo for Algernon.
- Madeleine E. Robins on Ways to Trash Your Writing Career: Delayed on Account of Research.
- Maurizio Manzieri’s 2009 Published Art.
- Mary Robinette Kowal says Call the AARP! Middle Earth’s Ageism Needs an Intervention!
- John Jude Palencar wins the Hamilton King Award.
- Space Shuttle Atlantis highlights 2010 Nebula Awards Weekend.
- Chuck Gannon joins Steve White to continue Starfire Universe.
- The Abaddon & Solaris Books Pocast is here.
- The Black Library gets a new logo.
- Kevin J. Anderson, Brandon Sanderson, David Farland, Rebecca Moesta, and Eric Flint are offering an intensive, no-nonsense 3-day writing seminar on March 19-21 at the Pasadena Convention Center.
- XKCD’s take on the Mars Spirit rover.
- John Anealio’s video commentary for “Cylon #6″ (Part 6).
- The Top 8 Signs You’re Reading a Bad Utopia Novel
- The Top Ten Sci-Fi Fathers and Daughters.
- 9 underrated, overlooked sci-fi and fantasy films of 2009
Filed under: Tidbits
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!