WINNERS: 2009 Nebula Awards
The winners of the 2009 Nebula Awards have just been announced:
- NOVEL: The Windup Girl, Paolo Bacigalupi (Nightshade, Sep09) [See SF Signal review]
- NOVELLA: The Women of Nell Gwynne’s, Kage Baker (Subterranean Press, Jun09) [See SF Signal review]
- NOVELETTE: “Sinner, Baker, Fabulist, Priest; Red Mask, Black Mask, Gentleman, Beast,” Eugie Foster (Interzone, Feb09) (audio version)
- SHORT STORY: “Spar,” Kij Johnson (Clarkesworld, Oct09, also in audio format)
The recipient of the Andre Norton Award, recognizing superior achievement in science fiction and fantasy writing for young adults is: The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland In A Ship Of Her Own Making, Catherynne M. Valente (Catherynne M. Valente, Jun09)
Other awards given out this weekend:
- Solstice Award: Tom Doherty, Terri Windling, Donald A. Wollheim
- SFWA Service Award: Vonda N. McIntyre and Keith Stokes
- SFWA Author Emeritus: Neil Barrett Jr.
- Damon Knight Memorial Grand Master Award: Joe Haldeman
- Bradbury Award: District 9, Neill Blomkamp and Terri Tatchell (Tri-Star, Aug09)
- 2010 Analog’s and Asimov’s Reader Poll Awards
Congratulations to all the winners!
Tagged with: Nebula Awards
Filed under: Awards
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!