FINALISTS: Sidewise Award
Steven H. Silver writes in to tell us about this year’s nominees for the Sidewise Award for Alternate History. The Sidewise Awards have been presented annually since 1995 to recognize excellence in alternate historical fiction. This year’s panel of judges was made up of Stephen Baxter, Evelyn Leeper, Jim Rittenhouse, Stu Shiffman, Kurt Sidaway, and Steven H Silver.
- Paul Di Filippo, “Yes, We Have No Bananas,” Eclipse No. 3, edited by Jonathan Strahan, Night Shade Books
- Alastair Reynolds, “The Fixation,” The Solaris Book of New Science Fiction, Volume 3, edited by George Mann, Solaris
- Chris Roberson, “Edison’s Frankenstein,” Postscripts 20/21
- Bruce Sterling, “Black Swan,” Interzone (April 2009)
- Sarah Zettel, “The Persistence of Souls,” The Shadow Conspiracy, edited by Phyllis Irene Radford & Laura Anne Gilman, Book View Café
- Robert Conroy, 1942, Ballantine
To forestall questions, although there is only one nominee in the Long Form category, “No Award” is also an option.
The winners will be announced at ReConStruction, this year’s NASFiC, in Raleigh, North Carolina during the weekend of August 5.
Filed under: Awards
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!