WINNERS: 2010 World Fantasy Awards
The winners of the World Fantasy Awards for books published in 2009 have been announced:
- NOVEL: The City & The City, China Miéville (Macmillan UK/ Del Rey)
- NOVELLA: “Sea-Hearts” by Margo Lanagan (X6 )
- SHORT STORY: “The Pelican Bar” by Karen Joy Fowler (Eclipse Three)
- ANTHOLOGY: American Fantastic Tales: Terror and the Uncanny: From Poe to the Pulps/From the 1940s to Now edited by Peter Straub (Library of America)
- COLLECTION (TIE):
- There Once Lived a Woman Who Tried To Kill Her Neighbor’s Baby: Scary Fairy Tales by Ludmilla Petrushevskaya (Penguin)
- The Very Best of Gene Wolfe/The Best of Gene Wolfe by Gene Wolfe (PS /Tor)
- ARTIST: Charles Vess
- SPECIAL AWARD – PROFESSIONAL: Jonathan Strahan for editing anthologies
- SPECIAL AWARD – NON-PROFESSIONAL: Susan Marie Groppi for Strange Horizons
- WORLD FANTASY LIFE ACHIEVEMENT AWARDS: Brian Lumley, Terry Pratchett, and Peter Straub.
Congratulations to all the winners!
Filed under: Awards
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!