As I’ve done before, here are my quick takes on the genre-related films I’ve watched in the last few weeks.
Quick thoughts follow…
- How to Train Your Dragon (2010) – Great animation, good story, and characters you root for mark this family-friendly movie.
- Hot Tub Time Machine (2010) – Initially amusing (in an awkward I-remember-the-80’s way) but ultimately an idea that’s stretched way too thin.
- Toy Story 3 (2010) – Superb animation, riveting storytelling and an awesomely clever escape sequence occupying about the last third of the film — I’m not sure how this could be any better.
- Pandorum (2009) – Cliché? Yeah. But still a tasty blend of science fiction and horror, spliced together with some interesting plot twists.
- Tangled (2010) – Athough the animation was excellent, the film as a whole was pedestrian thanks to a run-of-the-mill story and flat characters. Except for the horse.