GIVEAWAY: Win a Copy of ‘Machine of Death’!
SF Signal has 3 copies of Machine of Death: A Collection of Stories About People Who Know How They Will Die edited by Ryan North, Matthew Bennardo & David Malki to give away to 3 lucky SF Signal readers!
Here’s is the book description:
The machine had been invented a few years ago: a machine that could tell, from just a sample of your blood, how you were going to die. It didn’t give you the date and it didn’t give you specifics. It just spat out a sliver of paper upon which were printed, in careful block letters, the words DROWNED or CANCER or OLD AGE or CHOKED ON A HANDFUL OF POPCORN. It let people know how they were going to die.” MACHINE OF DEATH tells thirty-four different stories about people who know how they will die. Prepare to have your tears jerked, your spine tingled, your funny bone tickled, your mind blown, your pulse quickened, or your heart warmed. Or better yet, simply prepare to be surprised. Because even when people do have perfect knowledge of the future, there’s no telling exactly how things will turn out. Featuring stories by: Randall Munroe * Ben “Yahtzee” Croshaw, Tom Francis, Camille Alexa, Erin McKean, James L. Sutter, and many others. Featuring illustrations by: Kate Beaton, Kazu Kibuishi, Aaron Diaz, Jeffrey Brown, Scott C., Roger Langridge, Karl Kerschl, Cameron Stewart, and many others.
Here’s how to enter for your chance to win…
- Send an email to contest at sfsignal dot com. (That’s us).
- In the subject line, enter: Machine of Death.
- Include your mailing address so the prize may be shipped immediately should you win. (This giveaway is only open to residents of the U.S.)
- Only one entry per person allowed. Duplicate entries will be fed to…say it with me…the Machine of Death.
- The contest will end Wednesday, January 12th, 2010 (10:00 PM U.S Eastern time). The winners will be selected at random, notified and announced shortly thereafter.
Filed under: Contest
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!