Catching Up on SciFi Movies (Part 15)
As I’ve done before, here are my quick takes on the genre-related films I’ve watched in the last several weeks.
Quick thoughts follow…
- Predators (2010) – A surprisingly good reboot of the original with some intense action…despite Adrian Brody’s unbelivable action hero.
- The Last Airbender (2010) – Such a rich backstory that was tripped up by sloppy storytelling.
- The Thing (1982) – A terrific film that nicely captures the paranoia of John W. Campbell’s awesome story.
- Fallen (1998) – Standard thriller upped a notch by the inclusion of a spirit killer who can transfer to other bodies. Good use of that ability to create some dramatic tension.
- Equilibrium (2001) – While it may have been a bit by-the-numbers and a little heavy-handed on the emotionless enforcer who finds his heart (I mean, seriously, a puppy? Come on!), this near-future Dystopian film was nonetheless entertaining for being an action flick with some meaty themes to back it up.
Tagged with: Catching Up on SciFi Movies
Filed under: Movies
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!