Summer is coming. And if you’re a fan of unscripted reality shows or singing and dance competitions, you’re TV schedule is probably full. For the rest of us, it can be a struggle to find something on the tube worth watching. Thankfully, Netflix has come to the rescue of the discriminating SF/F fan, carrying a wide array of past series on both its streaming platform and DVD deliveries.

The only problem that remains is what to watch. For the chronically indecisive we have developed this handy flowchart to help you narrow it down.

(Click for larger version)

30 Comments on Which SciFi Series Should You Watch on NetFlix? This Handy Flowchart Will Help You Decide!

1. This is all kinds of awesome.

2. Wow, that is made of win!

3. Unbelieveable that B5 is ignored.

4. @Sean,

Babylon 5 wasn’t ignored but the sheer numbers of SF space opera series meant narrowing things down a bit. A few other favorites were cut as well, shows like Caprica, Farscape, Buck Rogers, Space 1999, the Stargate spinoffs, Torchwood, etc…

5. Please re-post at a higher resolution, it’s difficult to read

6. This is awesome. The one thing I was hoping to see was Heroes: Season 1 show up! Granted, season 2 and 3 were all sorts of awful, but season 1 was great!

Nice work putting this together!

7. Huh. Not so useful. If you select “Nope” for comedy you get to Firefly within two steps. While it’s by no means a strict comedy, if you’re looking for something serious, you’ve landed in the wrong spot.

8. Justin O. // May 3, 2011 at 12:55 pm //

I don’t see Lexx on there >: (

One of the most unique sci-fi series I’ve ever seen.

9. Good idea.

B5 should be in a little box in the corner that reads:

Have you watched B5?

Yes -> Goto rest of chart.

No -> Watch seasons 2-4.

+1 Lexx, too

10. Where is Space Above & Beyond?

11. monsters, vampires and other mythos // May 5, 2011 at 3:35 pm //

What about Supernatural ?

It has about 80% of the topics in the whole chart

Aliens, vampires, zombies, mythos, time/space travel , etc.

12. Agree with @Mike — Firefly and Serenity have plenty of comedic moments.

13. I think the only thing that annoyed me was that Stargate was made in Canada, not the USA.

14. I’m watching Legend of the Seeker on Hulu now. I’m just going to have to buy the sets of Season 1 and 2 and have Seeker weekends at my house this summer. Wheeeee

15. Fails by completely ignoring Supernatural.

16. cara47 // May 6, 2011 at 3:31 pm //

I love the tag that leads to Legend of the Seeker.  Though I think a lot of us fans still have a grudge against candles (watch Legend of the Seeker Revenant and just see if you don’t), the strategically placed items to give them some decency do make it more sensual and less R-rated.  Which makes Legend of the Seeker the perfect the perfect show to watch, in my opinion. Watching that Epic Seeker re-watch this summer so I’m with you on that Miaux.  Seeker Rules.

17. I laughed about the women’s-lib association to Voyager. Now I get what that series was all about 😀

But I have to agree, LEXX is missing on this chart!

18. dav1917 // May 10, 2011 at 11:28 am //

Great, but you left out Farscape.

19. failfail // May 12, 2011 at 1:23 pm //

No Hyperspace?

No Torchwood?

No Max Headroom?

20. Farscape?

21. argonwolf // May 13, 2011 at 10:13 am //

Okay i understand cutting torchwood and B5 in favor of other sci fi shows, but you HAVE to include doctor who. Im dissappointed that you have not.

22. argonwolf // May 13, 2011 at 10:16 am //

nvm i just looked closer. You included it, but it was hidden 😉

23. I just think it sad that more then half of the shows on the chart are not even on netflixs

24. Haha how funny! I followed the steps and it lead me to Futurama, which is actually what I am watching right now!! LOL surprisingly accurate 😉

25. Supernatural’s not on there? Clearly your logic is flawed.

26. Fabulous chart and I agree with almost everything.  Add me to the list of people missing Farscape, though.

27. Darksider // November 4, 2011 at 9:35 am //

Gief Farscape!

28. Really? LEXX? I couldn’t stand that show.

29. ilovealphas // August 11, 2013 at 9:01 pm //

Where the heck is alphas?

1 Trackbacks & Pingbacks

1. Any good SF drama recommendations?